Are you (or the man you care about) suffering from Male-type Depression? Take the quiz.
Check off each of the symptoms you experience or notice.
1. Feel like I’d like to get away from it all ( ).
2. Feel like things are stacked against me ( ).
3. It doesn’t take much to set me off ( ).
4. I am easily annoyed, become grumpy, or impatient ( ).
5. Other people drive me up the wall ( ).
6. I just don’t get the breaks and there is no reason to believe I will in the future ( ).
7. The future seems dark to me ( ).
8. I have felt I should cut down on my drinking or drug use ( ).
9. When others disagree with me I get upset ( ).
10. I feel burned out ( ).
Everyone is different. A single issue may indicate a serious problem to one person while another may need more indicators before they recognize a problem is serious. Here are my own experiences after treating thousands of men.
0-1: Indicates no problems or a minor problem.
2-4: Indicates a problem that may need attention.
5 +: Indicates a serious problem that should get attention.
If you are concerned about Depression in yourself or someone you care about, help is available:
1. Contact me to set up a time for an evaluation session: Email me at Jed@MenAlive.com, put “personal” in the subject line and describe your concerns. I’ll contact you immediately.
2. Take my special web-based class that addresses male depression and related issues.
3. Get my books that help with these issues:
MenAlive: Stop Killer Stress with Simple Energy Healing Tools. The book will be available June 16th but you can read the intro and 1st chapter HERE.